ActiveWords can automatically create a backup of your data and store it here: “C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\ActiveWords 4\Backups.” This feature is turned on by default. To changed the frequency of automatic backups or turn them off, see the related control on the “Preferences” tab of the “Options” dialog.
The AppData folder is a special Windows folder that is not accessible without changing the default Windows Folder Options view preferences. The contents of this folder are automatically included in the default backup process used by most backup programs, including Windows 10 Backup. To set up Windows 10 backup go to: Settings>Update and Security>Backup. If you regularly backup your data, the AppData folder is likely be included and thus your ActiveWords data will be part of the larger backup.
You can manually create a backup of your ActiveWords data file as follows:
- Right click on the ActiveWords Floating icon or System Tray icon and select “Options.”
- Select the “Preferences” tab.
- Check the box next to “Show advanced tools and options.”
- Close the “Options” dialog.
- Right click on the ActiveWords Floating icon or System Tray icon and select “Advanced>Backup.”
- A Browse dialog will appear to select the location where you want the backup stored. Select the desired folder location and click “Save.”